Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Do I Do Now??

I got my response back from SugarFree as follows:

"Well, the good news is that your fasting insulin and leptin are just
fine; no worries there. The bad news is that you have pretty severe
thyroid hormone resistance -- in other words, you are, despite your
low TSH (which is actually a pretty useless test since it doesn't
measure anything directly, but by inference), very hypothyroid. Worse:
until you get your ferritin and D levels *way* up, there's nothing you
can do about it, since any medication will not be properly absorbed or
used.

As for elevated RT3 in HCG patients, I'm not surprised -- but it's not
the HCG causing that problem; rather a different and even worse double
whammy. Here's what's happening:

1: The HCG turns adipose proto-fat cells into full fat cells, just
waiting to be filled. Not good.

2: The Simeons' protocol -- as written -- drives up fasting insulin,
sometimes into hyperinsulinemea, which drives fat storage over the
long haul, once you're no longer starving yourself. Really bad.

3: The sub-starvation level calories, according to every thyroid
medical textbook ever written, WILL, if done over an extended period
of time (more than 2 or 3 weeks), CAUSE thyroid hormone resistance in
the form of high RT3. The worst.

This is what women are doing to themselves (needlessly, as I've proven
in my blog in so many ways), and this is why I started my blog to
begin with. So that they could see, through Simeons' own words, logic,
and science, and a live experiment -- working so well! -- what HCG
doesn't do (open fat cells or help with weight loss in ANY way), and
what it and the protocol as written does do: trash the metabolism,
make insulin resistance worse, make more permanent fat cells, and
promote thyroid hormone resistance.

Then they wonder why they keep gaining back the weight -- and so
easily. It's a horrible downward spiral, and I am so happy that I have
apparently helped some folks to see the light and give this up
forever."

I was really discouraged after reading that, but have since spoken with her directly and we are going to work together to get this fixed. I have to bring up my Ferritin and Vit D levels before I can start the medication to fix my Reverse T3 issue. She said that even though it might take a little longer having to do it this way, it will be easier in some ways because once that is fixed, I don't have the insulin resistance or leptin resistance issues to conquer as well. I am happy that I have a way to fix my issues once and for all. It is going to take a little time, but it will be so worth it!


9 comments:

  1. Goodness..that is a lot to take in! I'm not sure I understand it all, but glad you are getting help.

    I'm starting to wondering what protocol has done to me. I've been follow a paleo lifestyle in part to keep the grains out of my menu. I had a free day that included grains and sugar. The following day my fasting glucose was 163, it's normally 80. It took days for it to come down....I'm rattling on.

    Please keep us update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, thats so wild. Its exactly what is happening to me too. I just started trying the Diet Cure by Julia Ross-supplementation to help with what the HCG did, and so far so good. Maybe look into that as well?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Kind of scary, but definitely interesting and exciting to be able to correct it. I don't know when I will be able to do all this, but I am definitely wanting it... and not. :) Ignorance is bliss. lol! Can't wait to hear how you get those levels up and then what's next! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,
    My friend who lives in florida forwarded the link to your blog to me. I thought I had better say hello since you are only down the street from me... I am just a hop, skip and jump away in South Jordan. Anyhow, I read a bit of your posts regarding quitting HCG along with your reasons. I too have had success on the protocol but havent been so successful at maintenance so i think you may have something here. I will have to check out the book you mentioned. i am sort of new to the things you are saying so if you dont mind I have a couple of questions: Just wondering though, if one has already done rounds of hcg and has gained the weight back isn't the damage already done? why would consecutive rounds cause more problems? I have gained a bit of my weight back and I am not sure what to do at this point. Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you all the best in your future health, i'm currently following up an article I wrote on the dangers of HCG and I feel that a lot of people aren't being told about the metabolism issues that could arrise from it.

    I think a lot of people need to look into a sustainable weightloss method and I hope to write a few articles where I can help people on this journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your journey. I'm doing the same. I lost 57 pounds in three rounds but immediately put back on 14 pounds. My new challenge is a second attempt at completing the Body for Life Challenge 12 weeks. I'm on week three and haven't taken off a pound. After reading your article I'm thinking it is because of what the HCG has done to my cells. Wondering how long it will take for it to regulate. Have you found anything on how long it takes to re-balance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant work and thanks for sharing helpful metrical about HCG...

    hcg diet
    hcg diet

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Veggie Viand Vegetarian Cooking Program
    Today, vegetarianism is increasingly recognized to support physical as well as emotional and mental health, and many clinical studies, most notably the recently published The China Study by Colin Campbell, support this belief. To encourage healing and the development of a healthier and more balanced lifestyle, YWi offers cooking classes to jumpstart the adaptation of a vegetarian diet.YWi primarily supports the lacto-vegetarian system of vegetarian diet, devoid of meat, fish, and egg, but inclusive of milk and some of its products. YWi also support 'veganism', devoid of milk and egg, where particular health conditions and other circumstances demand the elimination of milk and its products.
    http://www.speedycourse.com.ph/courses/3211/the-veggie-viand-vegetarian-cooking-program

    ReplyDelete
  9. dont you feel its risky? can you write something on hcg diet is safe for rapid weight loss?

    ReplyDelete