Friday, July 9, 2010

Chaos before the calm....

Not much longer till vacation, but things are crazy busy. The owners at work have officially left and now it's up to me :) I want everything to run smoothly, but there are always bumps along the road. I really like the 2 new girls we hired and I think we will have fun working together.

I have still been really mentally struggling with my body image as vacation approaches. This is the first time I will see family and friends back home since I lost the weight. For some reason it feels like so much pressure. Which doesn't make sense, because I know they love me and will think I did a great job. I think because I have gotten used to the change, now I see all the flaws and need for improvement. To them it will just be wow. As soon as I got done being sick, TOM hit with a vengeance and so I am sure that is not helping right now. TOM has always been easy breezy for me. No cramps, 3 days max, done. I have had miserable cramps, bloating, headaches and back pain that won't stop. I have been on 400-800 ibuprofen round the clock for the past 3 days. And am up 3.8 lbs despite not being able to eat much. Not what I was hoping for right before I left. But I guess it's better to get it over with now!

I am thinking alot about another round at end of summer. The only thing holding me back right now is the hair and eyelash thing. They are finally getting back to normal! I lost tons of hair, which is fine because I have a ton. But it changed my hair and all the regrowth is frizzy. My eyelashes really thin out when on the HCG, and they are looking good again. But I would like to try and reach 135 and be done. Something to think about......

3 comments:

  1. That is so weird about your body image, but I do get it. I see imperfections in my body and it drives my husband nuts. I'm glad it does actually, as it reminds me that I am an example to my kids and I absolutely DO NOT want them getting body image issues from me. You're gorgeous and so healthy and active.

    Maybe doing another round after Summer to get where you're comfy would work, and you'd be able to tell your clients that you've used the products you're selling. I know if I were working there, that's what I'd want to do. Anyway, just my humble opinion. :)

    Have a great day! I'll pop in soon and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of or experienced the side effects with hair - is that common? I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seattle- the hair thing is a 50/50 shot. Some get it some don't. It doesn't show up until about 3-4 weeks into maintenance. Then all of a sudden the hair is really coming out. Mine was nothing after round 1, horrible after round 2, and a little after round 3. My eyelashes also thin out. I think the reason mine was so bad after round 2 was because I only took a 3 week break in between rounds and it was just too much of a shocker to the system :)

    ReplyDelete