Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day three of my Un-HCG experiment...

Down .4 this morning. So that is a pound lost over the last 2 days eating fat and using lotions with the HCG still in my system. Interesting. HCG should be out of the system by today. I have been taking my glucose religiously in the morning and then for the 2 hours following my 2 meals. It is super stable and in fact it has never gone above 87 even in the first readings following my meals. I have been testing my urine for keytones. Every time I am at moderate or large. Most of the participants are only at a trace or small. I was hoping that would mean big losses, but who knows :) I had a headache and for the first two days, and finally don't today. I did not get the sugar withdrawl headache when I started HCG, and that surprised me given what I had been eating. I think the fruits gave me just enough to keep the headaches away, so once I took them out completely, I am guessing that is why the headaches. I have had some hunger at different times, but not bad. Mornings usually. No cravings or anything. Fat definitely tastes good :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping the fat will help us think more clearly too. I've had such brain fog since hcg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so excited to start reading all this, but I was wondering if you could break down exactly what you are doing, because I am having a hard time sorting through the tons of information on the site you gave in the previous post. (I found the part about the diet, but need to read further on specific foods, etc) How does your day look? What kind of food do you eat? And what kind of tools have you bought? I know you have outlined some of this already, ie. the blood test, glucose monitor, etc. :)

    And since I am on HCG right now if I wanted to transition into this. I could do so even with HCG in my body like you did? I am sorry I am just in the early stages of figuring this out, so it is a bit foggy. :) Thanks and you have done so well and thanks so much for sharing! Very interesting! I want to eat some fat too. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first round of HCG I followed the diet to a "T" and lost 30 lbs in 38. Since then I've "cheated" and tweeked to make it work for me. I will preface this by saying I have not anything in the previous post. I have used lotions on my last round, excersied(I'm a running junkie) and ate whatever I want, in WAY smaller portions, still keeping my calories under 1000 per day. All this combined I lost 16 in 20 days. On my "real" round I lost 20 pound in 21 days. I like this way much better. The weight comes off quickly, yet I'm not killing myself with BLAH food. I eat a salad, but with dressing and bacon bits. I have averaged .6-1.4 losses per day. Thanks for the blog,I really enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheew, I should read before I post, sorry for the typos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caitlin,

    The website will be posting a part V soon that will outline everything so that anyone who wants to try it for themselves can do it. But this is what I have gathered from it all so far:

    50g saturated fat. (mostly. Not vegetable oils. So butter, coconut oil etc.)
    25g non sugar carbs. (veggies, and non sugar starches, no fruits. You don't count green leafy veggies.)
    52-64g protein. (this is something that is based on each persons mass. I don't have that formula yet, it will be in part V, so I am just staying at the lower end)

    Foods can be eaten anytime of day, but the advisory is to not eat carbs until mid-morning or lunch time.

    Blood glucose is take fasting, and then at 1hr after starting eating, and 2 hrs after starting eating.

    The full list of blood work on the website is required to find out exactly how your metabolism is functioning/or not, and how to fix it.

    You have to wait a week or so after coming off the HCG to get the tests, so I am just following along to sort of test things for myself right now.

    My meals today were:

    2 eggs
    2 strips bacon
    14g cheese
    35g spinach
    1 slice ezekiel bread
    11g butter

    4oz top sirloin
    8g coconut oil
    100g cabbage
    1 light wasa
    7g cream cheese
    1tbsp heavy cream

    That is about it. Be sure to read all 4 parts to the HCG DIET ANALYSIS on the website. Part lV is in recent posts, and the other 3 are in the archives for march and april :)

    ReplyDelete