Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What a Difference Five Months Makes.......

Where to begin???

Christmas was a nightmare and started gaining..... Tried to do HCG in Jan and was starving and miserable. Husband threw away my scale and said enough is enough. Quit after 10 days..... Gains continued.... Got sick and was bedridden for 6 weeks in EXTREME pain. Saw numerous doctors with no help. Took every medication possible: nothing. Ate for comfort and to ease the constant nausea. Gains soared.... Finally able to get out of bed, but devastated at how far I had fallen. Found out we might be moving to Houston, husband gone, and teenager pushing me to my limits.... gains out of control!!!

So, here I am today on day four of a new HCG round.

I have been all over the map emotionally. I have wanted to post, but was too embarrassed about the gains. So upset at myself for letting it get this far....

But then I remembered that this is where my friends are :) I have picked them up when they have gotten off track, and I know they will do the same.

I never replaced the scale my husband threw away. I did not like the control it had over me and my emotions. So I am doing this round with NO SCALE! Talk about freedom :) I know what to eat and not eat. I know what clothes I want to get into. So what is the purpose of determining my day based on what the scale says??

This will definitely be an adventure, and I am happy that I am back on track. I could keep beating myself up and self medicating with food, but it just isn't worth it. So here goes nothing.....


9 comments:

  1. I think we've been where you are. The scale can be such a dictator of your mood for the day. Glad you got rid of it. Did you ever find out why you were so sick!? Hope you're feeling lots better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up one day with what I thought was my usual neck pain. It just got worse and worse. My head felt like it was going to explode. It was constant and always there, no throbbing, just constant pain. I had nausea and double vision. There was severe pain in my face as well. Nothing worked for the pain. I tried massage and that gave me so much pain that the next step would be the E.R. I had an MRI. It showed my usual neck issues, but nothing to explain all of the new stuff. I had been scouring the internet for help. I came across a random post of someone who had the same issue and finally found relief with trigger point therapy. I went straight to the library to research and within 3 hours of starting the therapy my pain was less by 50% 6 weeks in bed, multiple docs, loads of prescriptions and this was the answer?? I had to do the therapy on my trapezius, SCM, and in my face. It slowly got better and better. I still have to do the therapy daily to stay out of pain, but compared to all of that, I will do it anyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure it's not meningitis!

    I'll be on a similar diet soon to rid the lead. No caffeine, alcohol, dairy, gluten. 28 days. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen P.-- I've missed you. I'm so glad that you're back posting, and trusted us to help lift you up, when you've done the same for all of us at one point or another!

    Glad to hear you gave the scale the heave-ho! It really does dictate too much about how we feel about ourselves and our day. Those pesky numbers can rule our lives.

    So happy you found some sort of remedy to your extreme pain-- it sounds like agony. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

    Here's to you being on the mend in every way--- love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are on the mend! How wonderful to throw away the scale!! Amazing how you just know when the weight you are at is just right, number or not. Good luck to you in your venture to wellness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is so wonderful your are doing this without the scale. Your right though you know exactly what to do and how to do it. As long your clothes are fitting the way they are suppose to what else matters. The constant battle with the scale everyday can put a damper on your days and so you go girl! I cannot wait to here of you progress and no matter what as long as your focused and prepared you'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sounds intense! I'm glad you found something to give you relief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I discovered your blog on my last round and now that I'm on my next round (we we are one day off from each other! I'm on day 4 today, 5/4/11)I'm so happy to see that you're back and feeling better! Your blog really had some great tips to get me through maintenance. I've moved recently to a much warmer climate and have enjoyed being able to exercise outsite now! I know how a scale can make you feel. I still find it motivating and if I have a no loss day, I know it won't stay that way for very long. :) I'd love to keep each other motivated. I know you can do it! You are a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I just came across your blog it is very encouraging. I have a lot to lose and am getting discouraged and its only day 4 of phase 2 for me. I am tired, sick, STARVING, and to make things worse today I didn't lose a thing. Any thoughts for this discouraged blogger? Check out my new blog I just started it. Hopefully I will find some good people to help keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete