Monday, June 21, 2010

R3 LM D66..... Crispy Nut Herb Fried Chicken & Self Sabotage!


















Photo courtesy of Marksdailyapple.com.

Does that look good or what! I love the recipe ideas over at Marksdailyapple.com! You can click on this link for the recipe:


I have been noticing lately that I have been more "crazy" about calories and coming up with plans to try and lose weight. I have done very well for a pretty long time and could not figure out why I am being such a nut ball. It finally dawned on me....... VACATION. In the past I would have a vacation coming up. I would be doing just great, but then would decide I needed to lose more weight and try to look better for vacation. I would start messing with my eating and exercise and start creating stress in those areas. It never failed that by the time vacation got there, I had ended up gaining weight and had become an emotional wreck. If I would have just continued with my regular plan I would have been fine. I realize that I have been doing that a little lately. I am putting a stop to that right now! I lost 75lbs! Do I have some room for improvement.... Yes! Is that a reason to become a freak and risk gaining..... NO! So- I will not try to LOSE for vacation. I will try to continue doing what I have been doing for the past year. Eating right, exercising, and loving life. Anything else just isn't worth it! It's pretty bad when we can drop 75lbs and still just be focusing on our flaws :) I am going to RELAX and look forward to enjoying my favorite place on earth ;)


6 comments:

  1. Breaking those old patterns is an (excuse my French) absolute bitch! I totally know what you're saying. I've been battling my weight for so long, I don't know how NOT to! I am really focusing on shifting to exercise, balance, and health, not losing weight! I swear these mental challenges can be harder than releasing the weight to begin with! I am so happy you recognized that early on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helderheid hit the nail on the head!!! I agree that we battle with weight so long that we have a hard time getting it out of our head. I know that's true for me...I cannot remember one time when I have not been worried about my weight or what I was eating (really, in the back of my head). :/ Good for you for recognizing it and good luck with the battle...hopefully one day we won't think about weight again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mental part is so hard! I hope to overcome it one day too. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to agree with Helderheid, too. I wonder/obsess over what will I do if I ever reach the mental image I have set as a goal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is crazy to me that after all this time, old habits and patterns still just walk right in and take over without me noticing. Here, I thought I have made so much progress, and BAM :) Well, maybe the progress is really that I can see what is going on much faster and make adjustments as necessary. Even though the pattern starts, I can step in and stop it. Thank you all for your thoughts and support, it really means alot ;) Autumn, you comment made me laugh since the last photo you posted pretty much is my mental image of perfection! I mean what is it you are looking for.... :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much of our weight loss journey isn't really about the physical. I really think that the physical element of weight loss is the EASY part. Its the mental and emotional components that are the hardest to deal with! They just keep haunting us until we sort them out. It sounds like you are getting a good handle on it though!

    ReplyDelete