Monday, August 16, 2010

Don't Ask.....Don't Tell....

As in......... "Don't Ask me if I stayed away from the french toast, so that I Don't Tell you that I didn't! " :) How's that for will power :) Sorry guys, the weekends are just too much fun. Thank goodness I am very good during the week or else I would be in serious trouble. I think the fact that I know I am going to do another round soon, is sort of making me live on the edge:) Work was really slow last week. I think everyone is finishing up vacations, and getting ready for school. Or maybe they are all at Kneader's eating french toast! Whatever the cause, I hope it picks up this week. My neck and back have been acting up again, giving me non-stop headaches, and making exercise feel like torture. Hopefully it will ease up and give me some relief. Since I gave you a shot of my favorite breakfast, here is one of my favorite dinners....A hamburger patty with onions and mushrooms in a little Honeyaki sauce. Mashed acorn squash with butter, salt and pepper. Green beans. Simple but delicious!




4 comments:

  1. Business will certainly pick up come fall. It's so hard to do a round in the Summer! :) Dinner looks yummmmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scrumptious Jen Payne!! how do you make the mashed acorn squash? I've never made acorn squash before... It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ld- I thought it would be really complicated, but it is super easy. Cut an acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Take a microwave safe dish with a lid and fill it with about 1-2 inches of water. Put squash in cut side down in the water. Put on the lid and microwave till soft. Mine takes about 12 minutes. Then just scoop out the insides and mash with butter salt and pepper. So good! Tell me what you think, if you do it :)

    Helderheid- I know. Summer is not the best time for diets:) Fall should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!! I'm definitely gonna make this, it sounds easy and delicious-

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete