Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to work!

Wow, it feels like it has been a year since I last posted. We were completely off the grid for 2 weeks :) I have been trying to catch up on you guys since we got back Sunday night. I would have posted yesterday but my internet was having issues!
First off, it was fabulous. The weather was perfect and the water was beautiful. My husband and I had the first week to ourselves and then the second week with the kid. Very relaxing and a great time. Most days were boating, swimming, and tanning. I could definitely get used to that on a permanent basis :)
Now for the "weight" issues...... let's just say I have some work to do :) I did not get on the scale while I was gone and I still have not gotten on since I got home. I did a steak day yesterday and am going to do P3 style and high protein till my clothes fit the way they should. I wore the smallest pair of pants I own the day before I left, and I can still put them on and button them, but they are TIGHT! All of my clothes are snug:)
I had a very good time on vacation, but the mental battles were tough. When you eat low carb, and then eat carbs a lot, you get the water re-flooding your system. For most people that is 4-8lbs. So within about 3 days I could feel that, but did not feel like doing steak days constantly to bring that back off. I could have been good and ate they way I do at home, but I bring my cooler everywhere and we were always on the run and I just did not want to do all of that. So I had a few really hard days where I was emotionally beating myself up, but I finally decided it was not worth it. I had to either suck it up and eat right or take a vacation and just enjoy. Enjoy is what I did. Or over did :) It is amazing that even after all this time old habits just come right back. But I have learned so much this year and I know what needs to be done.
I am guessing that I probably gained 12 pounds or so. It seems like a lot, but the big bulk would be water and then some gain. I know seeing the numbers would send me over the edge and make me crazy, so I am just going to do what I have been doing. Eating clean and exercising. One thing I decided on vacation was to do another round. I am fine with where I am, but it is right at the top end of where I want to be. After the vacation, I realize I would like a much bigger cushion and get to the lowest end of where I want to be. My LDW was 144.5 for my last round but went to 149.8 immediately after adding exercise. That is pretty much where I have stayed for the last 4 months. I would like to get around 130-135 and see if I can stay there. I am planning to start in September, so anyone who might be starting then, let me know and lets do it together!! Here are some pics from vacation:

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!!!!!!

    I am very impressed with your attitude about it all. I'm sure there were times you felt like you were on shaky ground, but you DO know your body and what to do to correct.

    You are absolutely stunning. Just stunning! You all look like you had a great time.

    I hear you on doing another round. I felt the same way after my surgery and am really glad I did. I am doing a steak day today and am happy that I am still in the 100 teens doing so! I am still at a very healthy mid range BMI.

    Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are awesome and your vacation sounds wonderful! I'm starting R2 mid-September (I'm holding off until after my 10K on 9/12/10 because really, who can run 10K on 500 calories/day!) and would love to have "company" while on my next round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your success...I am still in the *considering this* phase..trying to do all my homework first...
    Deby
    Puget Sound

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU, my friend, look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! You are absolutely gorgeous in your vacation photos!!

    I will be happy to commit to doing a September round with you- we can be hcg buddies! Thank you for your VERY sweet comment for me today. It was much appreciated-

    love you-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at how hot you are! And you can wear hats! (I can't and always notice when someone looks great in them).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off subject ...

    I just noticed that you have linked to my blog and I wanted to thank you for that. I also checked out your site a bit and your transformation is fantastic! From start to your current photos there is no comparison. Your family and friends must be proud of you.

    Karl

    ReplyDelete