Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life insurance and life in general....

My husband and I decided we should probably act like grown ups and get some life insurance in place. You see all the commercials, and it seems easy enough. So, we talked with an agent and had to go thru all of this paperwork. Next was a very long phone interview, and then said they would be sending someone to our house to do a medical "exam". Yesterday morning I was weighed, measured, blood pressure taken 3 x's, pee'd in a cup, and had massive amounts of blood taken!! For pete's sake! Who knew it would be that intensive??

In other news, I have been horrible with getting back to my pre vacation weight :) I have been about 150 for the last 4-5 months. When I finally decided to weigh after vacation, I was 154.4. Not too bad. I started doing what I should and got back to 151.8, but then had a free weekend. It went right up to around 157. Then I corrected again over the week and it went back to the 154.4, and then of course did the weekend again. So it is back to 157 :( I know the fact that I am doing another round is making me have that feeling of "who cares, your doing another round anyways..." But I really wanted to hit new territory, not just re-lose my last round. My last round started at 156.4 and I only lost 12#'s to get to 144.4. Then I started exercising right out of the gate and the weigh quickly went to 149.8 and that is pretty much where I stayed. (I still have time to try to get it back down to the 150 before I start around Sept. 7th.) I have noticed that the body seems to be trying to stick closer to the 156 now, and I wonder if that is because it was my last LIW and I stayed there for quite awhile between my second and third rounds. It is like once I went up over a certain point, the body recognized my old LIW and is trying to go there. Also, on my first 2 rounds I just followed the rules and my weight never moved and I stayed UNDER LIW for most of the time. No counting calories, ate tons of food and never gained an ounce. I did not add back the exercise in p3. It was effortless as long as I followed p3 and p4 guidelines. After this last round I have had to fight a lot harder to keep the weight stable, pay attention to calories and food, etc. I added exercise in p3 and the weight went up accordingly. It makes me wonder if the weight never really "reset" and that I was able to keep it there only because I was working so hard with exercise and counting calories etc. This round I am going to be very careful of they way I come off. I am going to wait to add back the exercise (other that light stuff), until p3 is over. I really want to have that freedom back of not counting and stressing over everything. Just eat the right things and the body stays right on target. I will try to get as close as I can to the 150 before I start, and would love to get to 137 or so, so that I can lock in at 140 or less. That is the goal........ :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything you just said is what I have been saying to myself. My body seems to want to stick around my ldw from my 2nd round. I didn't wait the full 8 weeks between my 2nd and 3rd round and only lost 11 #'s the 3rd...it is strange how the diet and body work! You do great and you will figure it all out! Good luck to you on your next round...I can't wait to get started on another! :)

    ReplyDelete