Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Here we go again...

Ok, my friend and I decided to start our next round on Monday. So anyone who is thinking of starting soon, jump on in! LD, that means you :) I have gone back and forth on this, but I really want to give it another shot. I love maintenance, but I also know I have gotten a little off track and would like to "restart" and get myself back in line. Get the sugars back out of my system..... mostly the french toast :) I am so going to miss my "free weekends", but I know I need to get re-focused. Lifetime maintenance will come again and hopefully by then I can stick to just one day a week :) I also think that this round I will add back the carbs during p4. I did not do that last round, and I think it made me more carb intolerant. I have been doing research on resistant starches. Very interesting. Turns out that some specific starches actually promote weight loss. So maybe those will be a perfect thing to add back when the time comes. I will do a post soon about what I have found out. As of this morning I was 155.2. I will most likely be 153-154 on Saturday morning when I start again. Not too bad. That is 3-4 pounds above where I have been for the last 4-5 months. Here goes nothin... :)

10 comments:

  1. 3 - 4 pounds above after you've been on maintenance is not bad at all! Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing what you learned about the starches. I'm starting P3 on Saturday and would like to have any insight you can provide as I move on to P4 in 3 weeks.

    Good luck to you on the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very intersted in hearing what you've found and what starches are good for you. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Monday! I've no doubt you will rock this round! You've got this down pat. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen P!! I'll be joining you this round! I'm going to start loading next Monday, Aug. 30th. I'm going to do 3 loading days, even though I think the 'loading' part of it is sort of redundant, given that I've basically been REALLY loading the past couple of months! I'll be great to have you as a buddy this round!!

    No doubt you're going to have a great round this time- helderheid's right: you've got it down pat!

    Looking forward to learning more about what you discovered about resistant starches....

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen
    How long would it take to get some of your HCG to me in Alberta?
    If you can get me some very soon I can start with you. I have enough for one week
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    Been off diet for over a month now and still losing hair like crazy. How long did your hair loss last?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LD- My first vlcd will be monday, so we will be basically doing it together! I was considering adding Friday as a load day and having 3 days too :) Maybe if I do that, mentally I will really be sick of food and ready to be good :)

    Phoenix- I don't know how long it takes to get to Canada. Are you anywhere near Lethbridge? We are opening a clinic there next week. If you are, let me know and I will ask the owner to sell you some even though they are not technically open yet. It costs $97 for a bottle here, but I will ask them if it is the same there. Let me know!

    Deanna- my hair loss always shows up right about 3 weeks after coming off the VLCD. I did not have any after my first round, but I only waited 3 weeks before starting the next round. BUT after my second round I lost massive amounts of hair and it lasted almost 2 months! So annoying. Good thing I had a TON of hair :) I think it was so bad due to doing 2 cycles back to back. My third round I took Biotin the whole time to try to help. I did lose a little but it only lasted 3 weeks. I don't know if the Biotin made a huge difference or that I had waited a really long time between rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen
    Yes I am close to lethbridge, I'm in Calgary about two hours away. Could they mail it do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps, I have always done subq, is their stuff sublingual? Not that it matters, they should open one in Calgary !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are only opening the Lethbridge location as of right now. I am sure she could mail it if needed. It is homeopathic sublingual drops. So they don't require prescription.

    ReplyDelete