Friday, October 15, 2010

Chocolate Cake.....with a secret!


Photo courtesy of Healthy Indulgences.

First off this morning was 147.0. That is +1.8 above LIW. I am wondering if being up could just be the natural transition of adding sugar and starch slowly, or still related to ovulation. Either way I am ok with it. My overall goal is to stay between 145.2 and 150.0 from here on out.

Second, I found this wonderful Chocolate Cake recipe over at Healthy Indulgences! It has NO sugar and NO flour! It is essentially made with black beans and eggs! Tasted exactly like cake. My husband hates beans with a passion. After 2 slices I told him the ingredients and he about died :) I would have taken my own picture, but they ate it all before I got any shots! She also has a vanilla version. You can also find a vanilla bean cake recipe at The Spunky Coconut. I will definitely be using these in the future. I am not one that likes frosting very much, but I made a frosting that was excellent. More like a thick chocolate mousse. So simple, but so good.

Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting

1 and 3/4 cup cream
1/4 cup coconut milk (regular milk is fine too)
1 pkg sugar free chocolate pudding mix (you can use any flavor you like)

Just put into a bowl and mix until thick and spreadable. It takes awhile to get it there. Very good!!! I cut the cake in two and filled the middle and frosted the top!

4 comments:

  1. Beans?!? WOW! How cool is that! I can't wait to experiment!

    You're doing awesome. I am always floored at how well you stabilize.

    Thanks for the note on my blog! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tasted brownies that were made with black beans. You would never know. They were quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK-- your post is making my mouth water! Thank you for sharing- it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made this cake following her recipe, but did it as cupcakes for my bean hating daughter's birthday. They were a big hit and NO ONE had a clue. It really is a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete