Tuesday, October 5, 2010

R4 P3 D16...


First off I have to say the Almond Butter Pumpkin Brownies were awesome! The family ate the whole pan by nightfall! For dinner I decided to try out Baked Chicken Meatballs from Elanas Pantry. They were really good. I served them on a bed of zucchini noodles. Just slice them up thin and boil for 2 minutes. They made perfect noodles. Then I topped with the meatballs and some no sugar added marinara sauce. A little parmesan cheese would have been great, but I was out. Ever since I quit work, I have been busier than ever :) Between the renovating, mucking out, and baking, I don't have enough hours in the day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow-- Jen P that looks SCRUMPTIOUS!! What a great idea! I've bookmarked the recipe to use in P3, substituting Coconut Flour for the almond flour. Is almond flour allowed in P3? I love your idea of using zucchini noodles!

    Isn't that always the way? When work isn't staring you in the face, you actually get stuff done! It sounds like you are making great headway on all sorts of things-

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those look sooo good. I love Elana and have followed her for a long time for gluten free recipes. Never thought she would be a good resource for P3 recipes. But, duh, of course. She has a lot of grain/starch free recipes. Genius.

    I am pretty sure almond flour/almond meal is okay. It is not a starch. Lots of people use it successfully in P3. I'm not sure I could survive without it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!

    I don't know how I missed this posting, but I did! No wonder we've not heard from you for a couple days. You're busy! :D

    I was going to say now that you're not working, we should get lunch but that won't work! Hee hee! Someday, Jen. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LD- Almond flour is fine for P3. Just wait until you know that almonds are not affecting you. I use it all the time. The zucchini noodles were really good. I like zucchini, but I had never thought to boil it. It was great.

    Helderheid- We can go to lunch anytime :) I can always find time to eat! As soon as you are good let me know :)

    ReplyDelete