Tuesday, October 26, 2010

R4 P4 D16....

Sorry it has been awhile! Life has been keeping me busy :) The weight has been fluctuating between the 2 lbs and doing well. I weigh some days, and not others. Just trying to practice eating for the rest of my life and not taking it too seriously :) I have been out of the habit of exercising for so long now, I find myself not making time for it. So unlike me. I definitely need to get into a routine again. I have a few food finds to share with you.


The first is heaven in a jar :) This is sunflower seed butter, with added flax and hemp seed. This is sooooo good. It does not list sugar on the label, just organic vanilla powder. After one taste I immediately called the company because I knew there was some sort of sweetness in there!! They said their vanilla powder does have some sucrose, and they are changing the label. Even though there was not much, during P3 I was careful to have just a little at a time. It is amazing and most of the time eaten just off the spoon! I found it at Good Earth. It can also be found at Naturally Nutty. They have all sorts of flavored nut butters. My next one to try is White Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter...... :)


Next up, makes life easier and delicious at the same time! This is from Costco. Nothing but the pork, salt and water. Heats up in seconds and can be used a million different ways. My favorite lately is pork tacos in romaine lettuce leaves.


For someone who LOVES anything coconut, I can't believe I have lived without this all my life. If the sunflower butter is heaven in a jar, this is heaven in a can. I use it in everything. Soups, sauces, puddings, over fruit, frosting etc. It thickens things up and makes them creamy. I don't really taste the coconut once it is mixed in something else. Only when I put it on fruit can I really taste the coconutty goodness :) For those in P3 looking for a decadent treat without the sugar and starch try this pudding.

1 pkg sugar free pudding of choice
1 cup of cream
1 cup coconut milk

I said decadent. You can also use 1 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup cream, and 1/2 cup coconut milk to add in some protein. Basically you are adding 2 cups of liquid to the pudding. If you want less fat then use 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup coconut milk. Just make sure to blend the pudding and the thinnest liquid first really well then add the others and blend completely so you don't get pudding mix chunks. Here was my latest. I used Banana Cream pudding, with the 2 cups split evenly between cream, coconut milk (can), coconut milk (box). Of course I had to sprinkle with unsweetened coconut and some sliced almonds and cinnamon :)

7 comments:

  1. After reading this, I cannot WAIT for P3!! Where is Good Earth, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED the nut butter! Cinnamon and vanilla, two of my fav tastes (and smells). Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! I never thought of sugar-free pudding in P3 made with cream, etc. Thank you for sharing the idea-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helderheid- Good Earth is on 700E and somewhere around 7800 i believe. I need to go get some more because I am out. But I might order from the website and try some others too!

    AR- Believe me when I say it is heaven in a jar! You will not be disappointed!

    LD- Cream is my new found friend this round. I go thru it like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I know exactly where that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just called and they are out of the cinnamon vanilla, but should have some in by the end of the week. They do however have the white chocolate coconut peanut butter! I am going to go get some today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just starting P3 and am SO happy I read your post today! YUM! to the White Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter and The Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk will be a blessing.
    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete