Wednesday, October 20, 2010

R4 P4 D10...English Muffins!

Here is a picture of my favorite breakfast these days:


That is cottage cheese with sliced almonds, fine shredded coconut flakes, cinnamon and some market fresh raspberries. Usually I stir in a little greek yogurt, but I am out today! And along side that is my "english muffin" with butter and honey. I love these.

English Muffins

I use a magic bullet to blend. So in a magic bullet cup put:

1 egg
1/4 cup almond flour
1 TBSP flax seeds
2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP water

Blend till smooth. It will be really thick. Spoon the mixture into a ramekin about the diameter of an english muffin. You can also use a mug. It will just be taller rather than wider. Microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Invert onto plate and slice in half horizontally. Voila! Perfect english muffin :) Since I am putting butter and honey on mine I don't add any salt or sweetener. Feel free to sweeten or spice it up as you please.

5 comments:

  1. This looks SCRUMPTIOUS. I hope someday I can eat like this without a gain. I'm hoping that by adding grissini this round I won't be so carb sensitive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- that English Muffin looks delicious! And gluten-free? amazing- Thank you for sharing the recipe!!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I would of said those were store bought muffins. I love cottage cheese on top of english muffins with fruit spread. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Professional Pastry Arts Program
    This extensive program includes in its curriculum the principles of creating individual plated desserts and techniques for professional garnishing. The students will also train in European and American techniques of chocolate artistry and confectionery such as chocolate moulding, praline and bon-bon making with the latest equipment from abroad.
    http://www.speedycourse.com.ph/courses/3063/professional-pastry-arts-program

    ReplyDelete