Tuesday, October 5, 2010

R4 P3 D15...P3 Cookies and Brownies!

Still at 146.0! The past 2 days I have tried out some P3 baking recipes! They both were excellent. My husband and kids even said they were pretty good :)

Photo courtesy of Everyday Paleo.

The first is a cookie recipe found over at EverydayPaleo. I followed the recipe as is except for adding some vanilla stevia and about a table spoon of sugar free maple syrup. The only bananas I could find were not all the way ripe, and it felt like they needed a little more sweetness. I just added a little of both until the batter tasted right.

The second were some Almond Butter Pumpkin Brownies!


This one is a variation of a recipe found over at This Primal Life. The original recipe would be great, but I added a few things, and changed the sweetener to fit P3. Here is what I used:

3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup cinnamon vanilla sunflower butter ( just use a full cup of almond if you don't have this)
1 egg
1/3 cup xylitol, powdered (or p3 sweetener of your choice)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
splash of vanilla

I then chopped a small handful of each of the following: pecans, walnuts, sugar free baking chocolate, and tossed them into the batter. Oh yeah, and about a tablespoon or two of fine shredded unsweetened coconut flakes of course! :) To finish it off I drizzled a little sugar free maple syrup over the top.

Bake in a greased 8 x 8 pan at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (Some people posted they had to bake a little longer.) Bake until a tooth pick comes out clean. I probably could have gone a little longer, but they were still really good and very moist.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with how stable you are! Congrats!

    These look good. I am determined to try some of these when I hit P3 at the end of the month! I am terrible about trying new recipes but this just looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are stabilizing SO incredibly well! That's fabulous-

    Those recipes look yummy!

    Hugs to you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. The almond butter pumpkin brownies look delish! I'm saving the recipe. I think this would be a great dessert for Thanksgiving...Can you believe how close we are to the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the brownies and had to make them.. YUM!

    ReplyDelete