Monday, May 3, 2010

R3 LM D19...

Back on track! I followed my program yesterday, cut the carbs and lost the 1.4 I gained over the weekend :) So in one week I lost 4.6 lbs overall, including one cheat day and one day to lose the cheat gain. I LOVE IT!! I walked for one hour around Daybreak lake in the sunshine :) I read another excellent article yesterday in the May issue of Scientific American regarding more studies showing how wrong the low fat high carb theory is for us. These studies have shown that saturated fat has no impact on heart disease and in fact that carbs are what the culprit is. Please take time and read it if you get a chance! When I was considering joining Crossfit Draper, they have a nutrition program they follow. I laughed, as it is EXACTLY the program I follow now. Here are the "Rules" from their website:

RULES

  • This is a “Diet” that will hopefully improve your lifestyle. All of us trainers have read and tried many different “Diets” throughout the years and we collaboratively have again found some simple truths. Here are the rules: 1. Any and allvegetables are welcome. including green beans (technically a bean/legume) Any and all meats are welcome. You may also have deli meat if there is no sugar in the top five ingredients. You may also have jerky. You can eat them as you see fit. You are welcome to eat any fruits, nuts and seeds. Local honey is fine and agave nectar is fine. 2. Protein Shakes are welcome. In fact we recommend them for the in between times and they can help curb the cravings. For this challenge we are going to say Top Form Whey Protein, is the recommended. You can order it from Hillari. It cannot be a “Meal Replacement Supplement” (because of the sugar) Protein only! 3. Dairy is okay, as long as there is no sugar added. So yes you can eat eggs, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, or whatever. As long as there is no sugar added! 4. NO Grains! This includes Wheat, Rye, Barley, Corn, Rice, and Millet, Quinoa and Buckwheat and White potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams. (the exception is Oatmeal!) 5. NO SUGAR of course this includes cane sugar, splenda, sweet n low, sugar alcohol, high fructose corn syrup, or anything else you might think up a way of cheating this. 6. No Alcohol. Of course you can have any and all of these things during the one hour you get free per week. You may also have gum.
Here is my day yesterday:


5 comments:

  1. Jen you are amazing! Congrats on your fabulous results this week- thanks also for posting that article; it was a good read! I'm trying to convince my MIL that low fat is BAD for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fugal Family-

    I am pretty sure that Ezekiel is probably not approved, but it is something I use. It is flourless, but still has sprouted grain. I have replaced other baked goods using almond flour, but have not mastered bread making :) So until then the ezekiel stays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great info Jen, thanks for sharing that! Something to look forward to in P3 when I get there again. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen, can't wait to try it. I'm still trying to lose w/ HCG. But when in maintenance I'm heading to the store to buy some!

    ReplyDelete