Wednesday, May 12, 2010

R3 LM D28...


I about died laughing when I read that one! I mean really, who tracks their food like that...... :)

Wow! A lot can happen in 3 days time :) So I had my normal free Saturday as I said in my last post. Then Sunday came. I forgot it was Mothers Day......mistake. Between breakfast in bed, out with the husband and treats galore, I knew I was in trouble :) I had not weighed after Saturday but figured it would have been a pound and a half at least like last week. Well, I braved the scale on Monday and to my complete shock it was +7.3 above where I was on Friday!! WTH?? I did have treats, but not 25,550 calories worth!! So Monday I did a steak day, and then back on my program for Tuesday. I lost 3 on the steak day and 1.2 yesterday. So, I still have about 3 more to be back to 147.8! Obviously, most of that is just water, but still :) I have learned my lesson: one treat day = okay. Two treat days in a row = disaster :) In the past, I would have freaked out over the gain, and then threw in the towel and made it even worse by continuing the eating out of frustration. But this time, I knew that it immediately needed to be corrected and that was it! The sky didn't fall, and the world didn't end..... I just did what I had to do. Cool! I will admit part of me did not want to post and share my weight gain with you all:) I am such a perfectionist, and hate to admit I faltered. BUT- then I remembered that you all love me and that this is what real life looks like. What counts the most is that I picked up the pieces and got right back on program. If we always do that, then we will eventually get where we want to be :)

10 comments:

  1. Your attitude is PERFECT, and you know what? We NEED to see you pick yourself back up after you falter. That's what gives us all hope to be able to do the same if/when it happens to us. Believe me, I was so ashamed that I managed to erase my round 3 efforts after the surgery and not weighing for so long. Still, I know I won't be the only one in that boat so to not share the getting back there experience is doing a disservice to those who may go through that experience themselves.

    Wow, have you ever come a long way! No freak out. No binging. Just correcting calmly knowing it works. You absolutely ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great the attitude that come with new body? You did what you had to do and kept a level head. It's very inspiring. Thanks for being honest and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most significant power that has come to me from doing this protocol is what to do when the pounds want to come piling on. Indeed, it does give all of us hope to see that you were able to calmly do what we are being taught (or have been taught in the case of you who have ARRIVED). Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Warmly,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geezz! So impressed, I wish I would have managed my weigh gain from my race and all the carbs I took in, in the same fashion you did! You are such a role model.....the body is MESSED the way it can gain 7 pounds, when there is NO way you ate 7 pounds worth of stuff.
    Last week I have been low carb all week, took in carbs on friday, nothing major just some yams...up 5 freakin pounds. Haven't been able to get back on track since....I hate this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the support! I must say it is a little disheartening when such big gains occur for such little variance! Now I am extremely nervous about my vacation in July. I am going for 2 weeks! How will I survive 2 weeks when 2 days did me in??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do love you Jen P! You did the right thing, pick yourself up, get back on track, and post about it. Its what keeps us all honest. Your attitude is exemplary, and one we all strive to model. Thank you for sharing the ups and downs with us!

    HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, you are awesome!! And yes, it helps to know that it is possible after we mess up to get it back in control, not throw away all that we did.... good to know that is can be done!! :)
    And if you are up on your trip, you will do the same thing! Are you bringing your scale?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a newbie to blogging so bear with me. I am in the beginning of my 3rd week of P4. I have had a hard time keeping the weight stable. My LIW is 144.6, I am currently 5.4 lbs over. Do I keep doing steak days until I get back to LIW? What exactly is your "eating style"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raquel-
    I am trying to follow the "primal blueprint". It is a paleolithic style of eating. I don't do it perfectly. My goal is to get there over the next year. I try not to eat anything out of a box or a bag for the most part. I try to keep my protein between 80-109 grams, my carbs at 100 or less, and the calories are always changing. Usually between 1650 and 2300. I have a free night once a week. I am not trying to lose really, just maintain. But sometimes I lose which is great. I would not keep doing steak days unless you had a big binge the night before and are really trying to correct something. My LIW was 144.4. When I started exercising regularly it went to 147.2. In p4 it went up a little to 149.4. Today is a 31 days since the end of p4 and I am exactly the same. We are exactly in the same place. I am fine where I am at because my measurements are the same and clothes fit the same. I also take pictures every month and compare to the end of my last round. At the top of my blog on the left it says primal blueprint. If you click on that it gives an overview, and you can get the book at any bookstore. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jen! I'm going to buy Primal Blueprint and see if that works for me. I too am happy with my hcg results. My goal now is to tighten and tone my body. At the end of this summer I will re-evaluate and decide if I want a second round of hcg. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete