Friday, May 21, 2010

R3 LM D37....... Pancakes!


I was going thru some old recipes and found my favorite pancake recipe that I used to use during Body for Life. They are really good with tons of protein. Perfect way to start the day!

Protein Pancakes:

4 egg whites
(56g) 1/4 cup cottage cheese
(40g) 1/2 cup oats
1 packet NuStevia sweetner (0r sweetner of your choice)
cinnamon to taste

Syrup:
1/4 cup sugar free syrup
(31g) 1/4 cup costco frozen berry mix (or fresh berry)

I just put all the pancake ingredients into the magic bullet and blend. Then make like regular pancakes over medium heat. While that is cooking I put the syrup in the small magic bullet cup along with the berries. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds, then take out and blend for 10 seconds. Instant berry syrup! This makes 3 good sized pancakes. The picture only has about 1/2 the syrup recipe because I wanted you to be able to see the pancakes before I covered them completely!

Calories: 306.5 Protein: 27.75 Carbs: 34.25 (I don't count the sugar alcohol carbs in the syrup. The carbs would be even lower if you subtract the fiber from the oats and berries.)


7 comments:

  1. Yum and SO high in protein!

    By the way, what does "LM" stand for in your subjects?

    Also, are you working today? If you can believe it, I need MORE root beer and vanilla stevia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not technically working today, but I will be in for a meeting at 11:30am ;) LM stands for Lifetime Maintenance. Wow, more already! You really love that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy. But it will be a while before I can try. I'm in P2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Is the calories count for one pancake or the whole batter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between me and the kids, it goes FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amie Sue- That is for the whole batter! It made 3 big pancakes this morning :) Gotta love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that's awesome. :) I am starting round 3 P2 Monday or Tuesday, depends on when my shipment arrives. I hope I stabilize much better this round. Thanks for sharing with us Jen.

    ReplyDelete