Wednesday, April 14, 2010

R3 P4 D21....

Today is the last day of P4! Time flies :) I am exactly the same this morning as the last 2 days. I have been between 149.0 and 149.8 for the last 12 days. Mostly at 149.4 like today. I am fine with that. Clothes and measurements are the same. So I guess this where the body wants to be :)
I decided that maybe it is time for me to put on my "big girl panties" and let go of my "pacifier", AKA "the scale" :) Lifetime maintenance should be me living my life, eating right and exercising, and doing the things I love. I have done 3 rounds and know what to do to maintain. Time to let go of the dreaded walk to the scale and allowing that to dictate how I feel about myself that day. I am going to try a month with once a week weigh ins. After that I will see how I am feeling, and decide how I want to proceed. One thing I have realized is that HCG becomes such a big part of your life, and that it can become a crutch like everything else in life. We sort of get stuck in an HCG loop. Almost a version of our previous yo-yo dieting, only slightly healthier :) Eventually, we need to take off the training wheels, and move on to new adventures. HCG has been such a blessing in my life, but it can't be the only thing in my life.
My goal is that "weight" becomes something in the background of my busy life, instead of the front and center focus. I want to finally get my personal trainer certification. I want to challenge myself with my new job and see where that takes me. I want to be a better mom, and enjoy my family. I want to play volleyball all day and dance all night! I want to travel. I want to learn..... the list is endless. HCG has given me the confidence I needed to go after my dreams, and that would be such a tragedy if I didn't.
So my advice is: let HCG help you find that person you used to be or want to become. The person who was confident, happy and excited about their life. The person that did not compare themselves to others around them. The person who was not afraid to fail and take risks. The person who loved themselves enough to take care of themselves. The person who was not so wrapped up in self defeating behavior that they had plenty of themselves to give to others. The person who dreamed big and loved even bigger. Then when you have found that person again......MOVE ON. Take back your life and make it into the life you have always wanted.


2 comments:

  1. Nicely written!! Time does fly doesn't it! :) For me, once I put my mind to only weighing one time a week, it was doable. The first few days were tough, but I just had to tell myself "who cares" and distract myself by doing something else...it definetly gets easier after a few days! Good luck to you with that because it does truly make or break your day! Everything you said in this post fits me almost to a T. I had to get the diet to the back of my mind instead of it being the only thing I thought about all day everyday! You go girl!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jen your outlook is what I aspire to! and I certainly hope, that one day, I can maintain as well as you have!

    ReplyDelete