Friday, September 24, 2010

R4 P3 D4.....Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake!

Exactly at LIW! Who says you can't have pie for breakfast?? I just had healthy pumpkin pie/cheesecake for breakfast :) I have had the chocolate mug cake before, but have been craving pumpkin. So I decided to try and make one. It turned out great!

Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake

3 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp plain pumpkin
.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or as much as you like)
1 egg
1.5 tbsp xylitol (or sweetener of your choice)
1 tbsp cream
1 tbsp cream cheese
.5 tbsp butter
3 drops vanilla stevia

*I think next time I will try to add 2-3 chopped pecan halves.

Put all into the blender or magic bullet and puree. Pour into a coffee mug or ramekin. Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 min. It will puff up, but will come back down. Invert onto a plate and top with a little real whip cream if you like! Yum! I will make again tomorrow and get a picture for you. It smelled so good I had to eat it before I could take a pic!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That sounds like heaven! I've been fighting the urge to try the pumpkin pancakes at IHOP. *GRIN* I am going to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I can't wait for Phase 3! Do you have the recipe for the chocolate mug cake??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that I have found your blog :) I'm on Phase 2 & it's REALLY hard & stressful already, I give you SO much credit for doing 3 rounds. Seeing that you CAN eat these yummy things again after going through all the hard work but in a healthier way makes me really happy. I have the worse sweet tooth haha :)

    ReplyDelete