Saturday, September 25, 2010

R4 P3 D5....Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Mug Cake!


Still exactly at LIW! Loving that! I am also loving having dessert for breakfast :) Those of you who know me, know that I think coconut is one of the four food groups! So, this morning I took the choc mug cake and added coconut flakes and macadamias! Tis was pure heaven...... :) Here is the Choc Mug Cake recipe:

2-3 tbsp almond flour
1.5 tbsp xylitol (or sweetener of choice to taste)
1 egg
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp butter
splash vanilla
1 large coffee mug!

** my substitution was 2 tbsp almond flour + 2 tbsp unsweetened fine shredded coconut flakes, and 3 crushed macadamias.

Just puree and pour into a coffee mug or ramekin. I use a ramekin and wipe it with a little coconut oil first. Microwave for 90 sec to 2 min. It will puff up, but don't worry it will come right back down :)

It is extremely moist and delicious! Eat it warm with a little real whip cream!

Today we are getting the tile backsplash done. One more thing off the list!

3 comments:

  1. Great dessert, I definetly want to make this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get carb / calorie amounts for this dessert? I am just starting Phase 3 of my Hcg diet and I don't want to mess up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. K.Lee-

    In phase 3 you do not have to count calories/carbs. The only thing you are avoiding is sugar and starch. There is no sugar or starch in this recipe. The sweetner is a sugar alchohol. You could use stevia instead or another sweetner of your choice. I did do a rough calorie count and it is around 500. That is for the substitution that I did. If you just use 2 tbsp of almond flour with no coconut flakes or macadamias then you would take off about 100 calories. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete