Tuesday, October 27, 2009

R2 P2 D19....

Let the games begin! 0.0 lbs lost :) So now I get to just wait for TOM to hit. Please let it come today so I can get this over with! 29 days since last TOM.

So the day started out ok and then pretty much went to hell. I was very PMS'y. I was tired and did not feel well, and felt like if I did not have a treat I wanted to quit. I went and talked to my friend and she reminded me that we all have bad days and that I am sometimes a perfectionist, and that maybe I should just have a treat and get on with it. I thought about it and went home. I decided that if I was going to have one, I needed to enjoy it and it was not acceptable to have one and then freak out and do the whole "I am a failure routine".
So I made the decision and made a pumpkin chocolate chip pancake with sugar free syrup. I made sure the calories were exactly the same as what I would have had for my lunch. I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bite. I did not feel guilty and decided that whatever tomorrow brings, I will accept that.

Here is what I ate today:

1/4 apple, grissini

pumpkin chocolate chip pancake. 1/4 cup pancake mix, 12 choc chips, 1 tsp pumpkin, 1/8 c sf syrup.

chicken, romaine

So there you have my confessional. My one cheat since Aug. 19th, 2009. I thought I might fall apart and die, but you know what..... I am just fine ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, I do read your blog everyday without fail. I didn't comment because I was taking everything in and sitting back to see if you would really be good to yourself and supportive of yourself emotionally with your decision.

    You have handled yourself with such grace through your phases and you did the same in this situation. You made a conscious decision and you said you were not going to beat yourself up or feel bad about it.

    I really respect that and believe there is absolutely no reason to wag my finger at you... But, if you do it again I'm going to kick your butt, hehehe

    Kidding of course. Sometimes we need people to hold us accountable and other times we just need to know we're okay. With your 1 indulgent meal you held yourself accountable. This time I'm here to let you know you're okay. I'll be sure to call you on it when its time ;0) Deal?

    Check out the book, The Anderson Method. It's a good read and it has some excellent strategies for life long success and realistic expectations.

    We are all trying to get to the goal line right now so it's painful sometimes to have detours. You jumped off you got right back on. Let's keep it going till our next goal. P3 and P4 will be here soon :0)

    ReplyDelete