Saturday, February 6, 2010

Round 3 Phase 2 Begins!!

Well, whether I like it or not, let the games begin :) I woke up today at .6 higher than yesterday, so that really ticked me off. My start weight today is 156.4 lbs. That is 4.6 lbs higher than last LIW, then you minus the 2.5 for the implants and I have 2.1 lbs of swelling, ovulation, or actual gain :) Most likely a combination of the 3. I am okay with that, except for the fact of loading. It is going to kill me to see higher numbers than this, but I also don't want to be miserable my first week. My friend did not load her first round and she had massive headaches and hunger. That does not sound fun, so loading I will do. I did make lemon bars, carrot cake, cupcakes and cheesecake yesterday. I was so surprised at how good they were. My husband and kids loved them, and did not mind that they had no sugar or flour. If you have not gotten the almond flour cookbook yet, go get it!! I really hope this round goes smoothly and that I can reach my goal and finally be done. Here goes nothing...... :)

Loading:

Cheesecake Factory:
1/2 sweet corn tamale appetitzer
1/2 Chicken pesto pasta
1/2 chocolate coconut cream cheesecake

slice homemade carrot cake
string cheese

Rubios:
2 fish taco plate
chips, with pinto beans

slice homemade carrot cake
1 sf pecan delight

Did not eat breakfast and was not hungry. Loading days are so hard. Kept thinking of the scale and that sucked..... :(

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with R3!!!! ~~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you're taking a vitamin - you're body is still healing and needs nutritional support! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which vitamins do you suggest? What do you think I should do about the vitamin E. Right now he has me taking 2 a day and also breaking them open and putting them on my incisions. But there is definitely oil in them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loading sucks! lol especially when you are also trying to manage 6 hours of training, 5 hours on the bike and 1 hour run. Tomorrow is 2 hour swim, 2 run and 1 bike. I am doing my best to eat high fat, however to fuel the workouts carbs are necessary. On Monday I can start the VLCD, and believe it or not can't wait.
    I just made coconut flour english muffins, and plan on using them to make a salmon burger tomorrow (act as the bun). Then to the pub for some chicken wings. Gotta get some avocado in too, I will definitely miss those.
    the numbers going up is for sure tough, but must be more so for you, as you are always so stable and predictable....not so much for me. I weighted in at 140.8 (that is 4 pounds higher than monday of this week....story of my life!!!).
    Good luck tomorrow Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last Sat was my first day of loading and it was difficult for me. The second day wasn't as bad because I didn't eat every minute trying to stuff myself with food. I ate at my regular meal times and added lots of fats and protein. I felt full but not like I was going to explode.

    I wish a very succesful round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phoenix! With all that working out why on earth do you need HCG?? :) You are already where my goal is lucky girl! I do not know how you make it thru your work outs on p2. I had no energy my first round, but the second was much better. Even then though, I could not have done work outs that you are describing :) Good Luck to us!!

    Autumn, loading is hard I agree. Stuffing yourself just doesn't feel great. How has your first week gone? Is this your first round? If not, how is it comparing to last?? How much did you gain with your load?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, any multi w/out oils should do. I don't know what to say about the vit e - I too am taking it and putting it on my incisions. I'm waiting 6 months post op to do another round because of that and because I'm healing. I wish I had better advice!

    ReplyDelete