Saturday, November 7, 2009

R2 P3 D2....

Up +2.0 lbs! I am definitely having some sort of problem. Yesterday I thought it was all in my head that I felt "fatter" in my pants, because I had been up a pound that morning. But by night, I went to take off my pants and they were glued to my legs! I looked down and my legs were swollen to the point I had no ankles and my calfs were puffy and tight. The only other time I have had this was when I had problems at the end of my pregnancies. Definite edema. I can see that I obviously have water retention, but am not sure what to do. The book talks about hunger edema where you have not had enough protein and it triggers edema, but he says to eat a really hight protein day and it should be gone. I did have quit a bit of protein yesterday, but this morning I am still up .8 lbs. But with all that water in my legs last night, I assume to have a higher weight. I don't know whether to do a steak day or try that just protein day he talked about.

Here is what I ate today:

2 eggs + 2 whites
1 oz cheese

steak

chicken breast

3 oz cheese

This better work. I am having such a hard time with this.... :(


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    Thanks for the encouragement on the blog - I work hard at it! :)

    K, Round 2. Phase 3, Day 2. Got it.

    Swollen legs like that definitely fits the description of hunger edema protein deficiency that Dr. Simeon gave, and it fits the right time frame, too.

    "During treatment the patient has been only just above the verge of protein deficiency and has had the advantage of protein being fed back into his system from the breakdown of fatty tissue. Once the treatment is over there is no more hCG in the body and this process no longer takes place. Unless an adequate amount of protein is eaten as soon as the treatment is over, protein deficiency is bound to develop, and this inevitably causes the marked retention of water known as hunger- edema."

    Since you're at the 2# mark, you should follow his advice about correcting this. It worked like a charm for me. It wasn't hard, and I've not had any problems with it since then.

    "The treatment is very simple. The patient is told to eat two eggs for breakfast and a huge steak for lunch and dinner followed by a large helping of cheese and to phone through the weight the next morning. When these instructions are followed a stunned voice is heard to report that two lbs. have vanished overnight, that the ankles are normal but that sleep was disturbed, owing to an extraordinary need topass large quantities of water. The patient having learned this lesson usually has no further trouble."

    Note the use of the words HUGE and LARGE. :) Get a couple really thick steaks and eat at least 4 ounces of good, hard cheese. (My favorite is the extra sharp white chedder and I love the Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, too.)

    Hope that helps!

    ~Jay
    http://www.lessofmehcg.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray all is well in the A.M. Jen!

    ReplyDelete