Saturday, December 5, 2009

Flax Banana Walnut Muffins...


I always get asked for the banana muffin recipe so here it is :)

3/4 cup flax flour (I grind my flax seeds)
1/4 cup coconut flour (tropicaltraditions.com)
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 packet NuStevia sweetener (add to the dry ingredients for a sweeter taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2 mashed bananas
2 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp whole flax seed(mix into batter right before putting in tins)
**1/2 cup chopped walnuts- optional

mix wet ingredients in a bowl, add the dry ingredients, mix well. Add the 2 tbsp whole flax seeds and walnuts if wanted. Put into 12 muffin tins. Bake at 350. I set the timer for 15 minutes and then check every minute until they spring back. If you try them let me know what you think or if you have any improvements :)

JEn

1 comment: