Monday, December 7, 2009

Recent thoughts on HCG....

I have thought a lot about this program lately, and how amazing it really is. I finally for the first time feel completely in control of my eating and emotions. Or maybe I should say that finally eating and emotions do NOT go hand in hand. Food is for nourishing the body and emotions are how we feel about what is going on in our lives. They don't have anything to do with one another unless we let them. I so remember using food for all emotions. Happy or sad. Eat to celebrate. Eat to make pain go away.
I can see how this program encompasses so much of the dieting advice we have heard over the years. It is many programs rolled into one. How many times have we heard to drink lots of water, eat protein to build muscle, only eat real foods instead of processed, don't eat within 3 hours of bedtime, limit sugar intake, exercise 1/2 hour a day. I mean, this stuff is certainly not new. I knew all of that before. So why is it working for me now?

To me there are 2 factors that make HCG the success that it is:

#1- You get your results up front, and you get them quickly. No other program lets you see results so quickly. Most diets are very slow. Trying to stay motivated when you are only losing 1- 1.5 pounds per week is devastating. The road seems so long and unattainable. You eventually give up and go back to old habits. Contrast that to waking up and seeing .5 to 1 lb lost PER DAY!! Motivation levels are now off the charts. I can give up anything for results like that. Dropping sizes in one month instead of five is mind boggling. The motivation to maintain those results and your new pant size is monumental. All of that dieting "advice" now seems doable, because there is something I don't want to lose..... my new body:)

#2- is you are off sugar and starches for so long that you finally break the addiction. If you follow this program as directed you can break the cycle. I will say that for me it took being in p3 of my second round to really see this happen. I still had cravings or desires at the end of my first round. I was much better, but I could also feel that I was not "free" of it yet. I could easily fall off the wagon and old habits would take control. Now, I don't crave anything. I don't see food as something that will make me feel better or make a bad situation easier to take. I don't see the point in eating something that will negate all of the progress I have made. I realize that all actions have a consequence. But, this program does allow for that. I now know that if I really want to have something or indulge once in awhile, I can. I will have to pay for that, but that's okay. I know I will have to do a steak day or eat really clean afterwards. What a healthy attitude, and one that is filled with personal responsibility.

To me those are the 2 reasons people fail over and over and over. Too long to see results, and the inability to escape their addictions and break old habits.

I am so thankful for this program and it's design. I really believe that I will never become the old me again. I feel like a whole new person. I am so proud of the progress I have made and how strong I have become. It is kind of scary to look back and see what a "slave" to food and emotions that I had been. Sad and embarrassing really. But I made those choices and those were my consequences.

So here's to the new me. New and improved, and ready to take my life head on. No more hiding behind food and hating my body. I love my body now. Does it still have flaws? Yes! But thats fine, because I know I can achieve anything now. The mental success of HCG is so much bigger than the physical. It has changed how I see my self both inside and out. So if you are struggling..... keep going. The end result is more worth it than you realize.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!! That was very inspirational to ready and so true. Although I am only on my first round, I can agree with so much of what you said. I am looking forward to my next round and can only hope I have the success you have had!! Keep up the amazing work!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    That made me want to skip P4 and go back into P2 without indulging in all those bad old foods I am planning on eating in 9 days and counting :) I'm actually only craving a few things, I already found P3 legal chocolate!! What else is there.

    Thanks for sharing your experience and insights. Big Hugs on having such beautiful success and getting back in touch with a deeper self love.

    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, Here! Very true and very well said. By the way...u look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! This really is such a great program, and I am glad I have such great friends out there to share it with.

    JEn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - you're very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete