Friday, March 12, 2010

Question that I need your help with!!!

Okay everyone I need you all to weigh in on this one. I am fully one hundred percent behind what I said about my workouts and the scale. That is what I fully intend to do. But a friend raised this question and I don't know what I should do. She said " I agree with what you are going to do about the workouts and the scale, BUT aren't you worried about STARTING that in P3 when the hypothalamus is trying to reset?" "If you don't get locked in BEFORE starting all of your workouts etc, don't you think that will be a problem? "
This is something I had not considered. I have yet to be the same weight twice since p3 started. I think ovulation was the initial problem, but then I started the workouts on day 5. Do you think I should stop the workouts just until p3 is over (12 more days), and see if I can get the body to pick a number before getting hardcore? Do you think this will be necessary to give my body a starting point, so that after the initial gains from working out, it should come back down to that? Or do you think just continuing from here will do the same thing?

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, right. P3. I hadn't thought about that either. I think your friend is right. Re-set your hypothalmus. That should be priority 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe what I will do is not workout today and for the weekend. I will try to do a couple high protein days over the weekend and then weigh on monday morning. If things seems to be coming back down and responding to that, then I will see if I can stabilize and then start the workouts in P4. If nothing has changed, then I will just continue as planned from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your friend has a REALLY good point. I like your plan about this weekend, and see what Monday's weigh-in says. Then, go from there.

    helderheid is right: re-setting the hypothalamus is THE priority in P3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,

    I have read this and seen it talked about many times on the HCG board. The wisdom shared from the vets of the board state NOT to exercise during P2 and P3. To allow the metabolism to reset at a good calorie rate first. And like you said, to get your scale numbers to stabilize first. Their theory based off of P&I book is that if you exercise during P3 it is something you will always have to do because you metabolism is "use" to it...if you stop then for some reason (sickness, injury) your body will require you to eat way less in calories. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! I am sorry I am such a freak. But I have decided to stick to my original plan. I need to work out and feel so much better when I do. If anything, I should be able to eat even more and only have cut calories if I stopped exercising. If the P & I book is correct, then whenever I started to exercise after stabilizing without exercise, I would then start to lose weight if I added it. This is also frowned upon. The truth is that exercise in p3 is all speculation as the book never really covers it. Margie and Grammy have gone round and round on this issue. Both had success with and without the exercise. I think the main concern is to keep to the no sugar no starch rule and keep the eating in check. Everything else will work itself out. Of course I could be full of it and doing another round in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually agree with the lather. I have been exercising during phase 3. I did not on my 1st round and have not noticed any difference this time with the exercise (on the scale anyway). I think as long as you don't go ALL OUT. I just walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical for a 1/2 hour 3 times a week, nothing extreme and you will be fine! JMO!! Good luck again! :)

    ReplyDelete