Sunday, March 7, 2010

R3 P3 D4.... Nutball Recipe

+0.4 today. That puts me at +1.4 above LIW over all. I am fine with that. I have been having lots of fun trying things and eating good food. I am not going to be so obsessive this time around. I do need to calm down a bit and start eating some real meals rather than so much snacking and trying stuff out. But I think everyone goes a little nuts the first week when we finally get to EAT :) I tried the mug cake yesterday with some real whip cream and strawberries! YUM!! And I am very addicted to my nutballs :) So here is the recipe for them:
Nutballs: (A variation of a Jonas Colting recipe found at Mark's Daily Apple.)

1/2 cup each of: raw
walnuts
pecans
almonds
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
-put in food processor until ground into a nut meal. Remove and put into a bowl.

6-8 dates (if small. 3-6 if large)
little water if needed
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-put in food processor and blend to a paste. Remove and add to nut meal.

add 1 packet stevia sweetener.
4 table spoons of coconut oil
about 2 tbsp almond butter (enough to help it form into balls)
-mix the nutmeal, date paste, stevia, oil, and almond butter together by hand. Should be just sticky enough to roll into balls. You can adjust this by the amount of dates, or almond butter.
Roll into balls and then roll in unsweetened coconut. Refrigerate. YUM!!

Optional items:
cinnamon - I sprinkled this in.
unsweetened cocoa- I sprinkled this in.
fresh ground coffee.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like P3 is agreeing with you! Congratulations-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I was going to get on here and ask you for it today! I will try it and let ya know what I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made the nutballs...VERY YUMMY! Thanks again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- be careful! They are soo addicting. I could just eat those all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree lol...they are LETHAL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete