Friday, March 12, 2010

Third and final post for the day!

Okay, today pretty much sucked. I went from feeling totally in control and loving life, to becoming a desperate, out of control freak! All because of one comment that someone made about resetting. I have been freaking out. Scouring the internet. And bouncing around from one end of the spectrum to the other. At one point I was on the verge of tears and actually went upstairs put on my pajamas and got in bed and ate some sugar free candy! WHAT THE HELL? That is going emotionally backwards by seven months in the span of an hour!

I am NOW in my workout clothes and going to go do my work out for the day. HCG does not own the market on resetting your hypothalamus and after my scouring of the internet they tell you to lower your calories and/or increase your exercise to a level for losing or maintaining and that over time it will "reset" and stick to the new levels if you continue the new lifestyle habits you introduced. Hence, why lots of people have made diet and exercise changes and if they stick to them, they are able to maintain their new weight. I will continue my eating habits, and continue my exercise habits. Even though I may have to go up for a bit, I have to believe that eating correctly and proper exercise will bring about positive changes in body composition. And I firmly believe that in 3 weeks time I even if I was "stable", I would then have to go thru a period of instability WHENEVER I started to work out.

I believe Phoenix said she stabilized after last round but started to go up when she started working out in maintenance. I don't think it can be avoided. In fact, maybe by forcing my body to "stabilize" while introducing my exercise, I will end up better in the long run. It might take me a little while to get it all figured out, but since I don't really add much in p4, they way things are now are pretty much where they are going to be. I think I will take the pain now, rather than later. So original plan back on. I will continue as planned for the next 2 weeks and see if I can get this figured out. No weigh ins until March 22nd, and then again a week after that. Good clean eating and exercise.

Yes, I realize I just showed the world what a weirdo I am, but hey, I am human :) I have made my decision and I am sticking to it. I just needed to take one minute and realize how happy I was getting back to working out and then consider spending one day like today revolving around the scale/numbers and the decision was clear. No thanks!

Here is what I ate today:

nutball, tea

date pecan muffin w cc, fage with berries, nuts and coconut

chicken salad, apple, flax muffin w cc

sf mint patty- pajama party :(

protein shake, flax muffin w cc

apple, date muffin w cc, sf coconut candy

Weight training workout 45 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Jen- I hope I didn't say anything to upset you and ruin your day! You are the one who knows your body best, and for goodness sakes, you are down 75 pounds!! You are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen!
    My goodness girl. It's OK to have a bad day. Funny how quickly it happens eh? I am doing a low carb day, had tuna for lunch (IF till lunch) and then steak and lobster for dinner, because I went over.
    I find that if I eat too much, or I eat just a little too much carbs and my eating spirals out of control again...and I gain weight, even sticking to P3 foods.

    As per gaining once I got to P4 your right, it was a combination of both letting my guard down and my body comp...my body fat percentage is only down 5% for 15 pounds...that still means muscle loss.
    I wish you had a bf scale. I know they are not all that accurate, but if you use the same one all the time it will give you a sence...
    Ok GO TO THE GYM! shake that bootie...it will all work out in the end :-)
    PS I agree that we need to force the change/stabalization now, not in P4. It is better for us, while the carbs are still low.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender- No no no, not you :) It was my friend who did hcg with me, that mentioned the resetting issue! So sorry if you thought that was you. I asked for everyones input! You are always helpful to me :)

    Phoenix-Thank you so much! What a freak I was today :) I really want a BF scale so that I can at least see what direction things are going in, even if it might not be perfectly accurate.

    When you say "eat too much" do you mean more than your 2000 calories to maintain that you talked about in the other post? I am picturing you eating chicken and spinach and still gaining. Tell me that is not true :) I still want to see your log if I can. Tell me what I need to do.

    I am so glad you think forcing the change is needed as well. In a weird way it makes sense to me. I am willing to ride out the gain as long as I can feel confident that it will level out on the other side :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, this post makes SO much sense! Really, I think perhaps keeping the goal of being within the 2 pound range AND adding in exercise makes THE most sense. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen-

    Your idea is the MOST SENSIBLE AND ON POINT thought process for anyone wanting to maintain their weight for the rest of their life!

    When you are *happy* and eating when you're hungry... and stopping when you're full and SATISFIED + exercising... because it *makes you feel good* your body WILL find where it needs to be.

    For serial dieters this notion is revolutionary but...how do you think, "naturally," thin people stay thin? They listen to their body, eat when they're hungry, stop when they're full.

    Something that I've found is that when I just eat naturally I eat less in one day and more in another day and eventually it all balances out.

    For instance, last night I ate late and I had a few drinks. I didn't weigh myself but I'm sure I'm a little closer to 2lbs over. However, right now I feel 'full,' kinda bloated and I'm just waiting to eat till later cuz I don't want to eat just yet. My system doesn't want/need it yet.

    In a way it's like doing a protocol "correction," day but it is more me just listening to my body.

    You have the right idea. Through this diet I've learned there is SO MUCH INFORMATION out there and SOO many opinions and ways to do the program you MUST listen to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete