Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R3 P3 D7...

Down -1.2 lbs! That takes me to 145.4 which is +1.0 above LIW. In the past steak days have always dropped 2.5-3.0 lbs for me, so this is interesting. Also, the weight I would go back to after a steak day was usually right back to where I locked in. Since I have no idea where I am locking this may give me some insight. I found myself telling myself to skip my weights workout yesterday so that I would not mess up getting a lower number on the scale. I realized that this was exactly what I was trying to avoid. I promised myself that this round I would be committed to my workouts and to getting back all of my cardio endurance and muscle tone. And I would do that no matter what the scale said. I eat well. My main goal is that I don't eat anything processed, or that comes out of a box. I eat whole real foods. That is how I want to spend the rest of my life. So I figure if I am doing that, exercising, and doing things that I love like volleyball and dance, then that makes me happy. I need to accept whatever number comes on the scale while living my life in this way. I want to LIVE my life, not sit around avoiding things I love to do because the scale doesn't move. Skinny "fat" looks good in jeans, but not so much naked! :)

Here is what I ate today:

2 eggs + 2 whites with peppers and sprinkle of cheddar
1/2 pear, date pecan muffin with cc

string cheese, 3 dried apricot halves, haystack

jerky, freeze dried fruit, 1 piece dark choc

tea, nutball

steak, mashed cauliflower, brussel sprouts

coco crack

Went to the gym and did cardio for 45 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Jen! I love your approach, I think it is the most sustainable approach so good for you!
    I was careful yesterday and keep myself mildly hungry while still eating healthy, dropped to within a pound of LIW, but most important my BF dropped under 25!!! finally. I am hoping to keep moving that.
    16 days till my race, my strength is coming back and each day my body comp is getting better...closer to looking good naked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comment about looking good in skinny jeans vs. looking good naked!! I almost spewed my tea over my keyboard!

    I know you've had a bit of a go with stabilizing this round, but if you are within 1lb of your LIW, I think you're pretty much stabilized- If you feel better exercising, then exercise. If your scale reads a little higher because of it, maybe its that you're gaining muscle and tone? I always say go with how you look not with what the scale is saying. The scale is just a number. Its how your clothes look on you, and how you feel that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post! I too almost spewed my coffee over my keyboard!

    You're braver than I am right now. I'm doing a steak day and not exercising today in hopes the scale will be kind to me tomorrow as I've not weighed in 3 weeks. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay girls, I say sometime in the near future we need to get together and have a scale demolition party! I mean really! Let's get our eating figured out, our exercise in check, and then just LIVE OUR LIVES!

    At the end of the day you can't escape science, and that gets more and more important the closer we are to goal weight! We can still only take in so many calories before the body starts to store fat. Even when eating all healthy foods. I know my BMR is around 1600 cals sitting around doing nothing. I know if I follow my exercise program I can go up to about 2100 cals. BOTTOM LINE: I need to keep these numbers in mind, and eat all of my healthy REAL food WITHIN those numbers, and make sure the exercise is there to sustain it.

    Phoenix- just out of curiosity what does a day in the life of a 25% body fat tri-athlete look like? Give us an example of what you eat and excercise as if you are trying to maintain and not lose. I think you said you hit 125 lbs. How many calories can you get away with roughly??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen
    I can give you access to my online food log if you would like.
    I chart everything. But overall I eat paleo. so no grains or starch or sugar....except when training and just before. So I will have sweet potatoes before or immediately after (this weekend for instance 5 hour ride, finished off with yams, for glycogen repair). It looks like around 2000 calories is what it keeps at which is macro profile of 35 fat, 30 carb and 35% protein.
    My coach perfers 17 fat, 65 carb and the rest protein. I feel better with higher fat, except on weekends. So it evens out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phoenix- I would love to check out your log! I think you are amazing and would love to learn from you! Let me know what I need to do to see it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete