Tuesday, March 9, 2010

R3 P3 D6....First Steak Day :)

Well, I was really good yesterday. I exercised for 45 minutes, and ate well. But still this morning was +2.2 above LIW! I was actually excited to get on the scale because I thought for sure I would be down. BUT- ovulation should have been sometime in the last couple days, I exercised for the first time in a long time yesterday (legs are sore), and I ate dinner really late. So, I guess I will do a steak day. I really want a date pecan muffin right now, but I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow:) I was not going to do steak days this round when I know the eating was okay, and if I knew there were things like ovulation or exercise involved. I want to get my body used to correcting itself without drastic measures. But I decided that because I was a little nuts my first few days that I would do one and see if the weight drops. After doing 3 rounds I have learned so much. Many people have said their steak days don't do anything for them. My theory on that is this: if the weight is water it will come right off. If it is from over eating, there will be a small drop, but not the big ones like the book says. It will take several days of clean eating, with fewer calories to correct itself. My guess is that I did over eat a bit, but with the ovulation and exercise it will be interesting to see how much comes off. This is the first time I will be doing a steak day that is not on the day of or before TOM starts. I have only done one steak day each round on that day. Kind of a bummer, but also a chance to learn more about my body. I have not stayed at one weight yet this round so I have no idea where my body is wanting to lock. With ovulation being right in the middle of it, it is hard to say. In past months I gain about 1.6 to 1.8 with ovulation for a few days. Here goes nothing!! :)

Here is what I ate today:

tea with cream

1 oz cheese

1 lb steak with onion and mushroom, apple

1 oz cheese

3 liters of water!

7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head with the late eating and exercise. I imagine I'm up a little today because of my exercise. Good luck with the steak day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, same last night I had nuts before bed. What an idiot!!! Woke up at 2 above. I am not doing a steak day yet, as I am just going to try and keep the calories a little lower. I also DIDN'T work out yesterday. I know shocking. Another interesting thing is the BF% stayed the same.
    I am however prepared to do one tomorrow, but for now I will up the WATER, and not eat after 7 (normally 6 but I work late).
    Hope the steak day does it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah! I forgot, I also took Ibuprofen yesterday...when I caved and did that during P2 it caused a gain or a stall. So I am gonna push through today without and see if that makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! While in maintenance I started becoming way more active at night (being on my feet working at a bar till 2am - and dancing all night LOL!). Every morning after I would see a gain. I'd start correcting w/ a steak day or a steak and cheese day. All in all I ended up eating A LOT of steak *and not enough veggies!* for a few weeks. I got really frustrated because I was eating perfectly but constantly having to 'correct.'

    Over the past few weeks I gave up trying to constantly correct. I started listening to my body (which I think needed more veggies!) drinking a ton of water right before bed and now I'm even LOWER and more stable than ever before.

    I'm sure it was the exercise - and your body evens out eventually!

    You look amazing by the way- you ARE TINY!

    Quick question: how did your friends do on high purity hcg? Did you end up switching? I just got mine in for my next round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phoenix- I know it is sad but I have to admit I am a little happier knowing that I have you for company :) Nuts are just too dang good! I told myself I would be committed to my workouts before the scale this round, so I did my first weights workout today. I am having a hard time with all of that mentally, but hope it will work out.

    Kelli- thanks so much for your support! What you are describing is exactly what I don't want. To keep correcting things if I am eating right and exercising! That gives me a lot of hope. I plan to stick to my normal eating and my workouts and hopefully my body will even out on its own. And hopefully with a better body comp due to the workouts! My friends did great on the high purity. I did it but my losses did not seem drastically different than other rounds. When are you starting your next round?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in agreement that you should let your body take care of itself. If you are eating right and exercising the weight will come off in time. I would say 2 or 3 days. I've decided steak, apple and egg days are just crazy. My last blog post was questioning whether some of this stuff is sane or not.

    Hope the scale is good to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Autumn Rose, they ARE crazy especially because our bodies *need* veggies and if you're only eating correction foods then you aren't eating a lot of veggies. Plus, I think elimination and regularity is the biggest player. That said, veggies and more veggies is the thing that is going to keep you regular :)

    @Jen- I am going to start another round this upcoming week. I finally received my stuff for injections! I did homeopathic drops the first time around. What dosage did you go with? I've seen recommendations from 125-200 daily. Have you ever traveled with your hcg? Like...in the car I mean. Did you have someone show you how to inject yourself or just watched youtube videos?

    And once again, WOW WOW WOW! Congratulations now you're a skinny minny! Don't lose anymore!

    ReplyDelete