Tuesday, March 16, 2010

R3 P3 D13...

Up +0.6! After eating high protein and probably less than 1000 calories! WTH??? I did go to a 7:15pm dance class and sweated my guts out, but sheesh!! This is where I really just want to toss the scale. I feel great. I look fine. I ate perfectly (too little though) and yet I feel bad because the scale does not agree. What is more important? How I feel and look or what the scale says?? Of course it is the how I feel, but it is so hard not to let the scale win. Back to regular eating today, no more trying to manipulate things to make the scale say what I want. Weight workout too :) Take that you stupid scale...... ;)

Here is what I ate today:

flaxball, tea

2 eggs + 2 whites, 1/2 oz cheddar, peppers
banana walnut flax muffin, 1 tbsp cream cheese

1/4 apple, string cheese

6oz chicken, 1/2 apple, broccoli and zucchini, 1 tbsp ranch
1 almond flour cookie

1/4 apple, 3 dried apricot halves, nutball

4oz tilapia, 3oz brussel sprouts

1/2 c fage, 63g berries, 14g coconut flakes
1 sf mint patty

Today was great. Sunshine :) I walked for 30 minutes with a friend, and did a 45 minute upper body weights routine. I was very specific with my eating and it represents 1860.5 calories. I would like to be able to eat 1800-2000 and maintain my current weight with working out.

4 comments:

  1. If you feel good about yourself and your clothes are still fitting then the heck with the scale! Remember that your are starting to workout and adding muscle to your body, so your weight might go up, but as long as your clothes are still fitting (or even better getting too big) then you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your encouragement. I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got to get over the scale! When we do correction days to lose a few ounces, to me it's starting to feel like anorexics who abuse laxatives to lose weight. It's not true weight loss, just scale manipulation. We get way to caught up in it.

    You can try not weighing for a week and see how it feels for you. The first few days made me nervous. I think around the 3rd day I got over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, you feel great, and yes, it would be nice if the scale wouldn't taunt you with these incremental gains. But ya know what? It just doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. You are at a VERY healthy weight. Your clothes fit great. You are getting compliments on your appearance and figure. THAT is what matters, not the number on the scale.

    I'm starting to agree with AR about correction days- For me, I just have to keep on eating healthy and making good choices, and I know my weight will follow.

    Hang in there--

    ReplyDelete