Saturday, March 13, 2010

R3 P3 D10....

Down -1.0 lbs. 146.4, exactly +2.0 above LIW.

First and foremost I must tell you all how much I LOVE YOU!! Thank you so much for letting me go off the deep end yesterday and for being there with your support :) Even though I have not met any of you, I would still count you as good friends. It really means so much to me.

Second I spent a lot of time thinking things over last night and reviewing everyones comments. They all make so much sense, and given the fact that there is no hard fast rules in this area, then I guess it means we all must do what works for us. So for me, getting back to a life of movement and activity is very important. That much I know is true. So the workouts stay :) The only thing I am reconsidering is the weighing. (quit laughing Phoenix!). NOT because I just have to know, but maybe like Helderheid said, the key is still trying to keep within the 2 lbs AND bringing in the exercise. The only thing I don't want to do is "Steak Day" off any of the hard earned muscle I am trying to get :) After all these months of inactivity, I know I will add at least 2-3 lbs of muscle as I get back into things. So maybe I will continue to weigh just to see where things are going and if I have a gain, and I know my eating was not in check the previous day, then high protein or a correction would be in order. If everything was okay and there is a gain, then just let things be. I am also going to take pictures and compare them to my final pics at then end of round 3, every 2 weeks. As long as I look the same or better, then no matter what the scale says things are going in the right direction. If the scale really gets to be a problem, then at that point I will decide to get rid of it, and strictly go off of fit and pictures. Thats the thing about pics, they don't lie :) And if I let you guys help me decide, then they really can't lie :)

So: workouts are a given, and weigh ins will be done for a point of reference to my eating, and corrections will be done when deemed necessary due to errors in eating.

Here is what I ate today:

fage with nuts, berries, and coconut flakes

curry chicken salad, 1/2 pear, date pecan muffin w cc

string cheese

RR burger in lettuce, slice of cantalope

1/2 pear w cc, 2 sf candies

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR PLAN!! I'm stealing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan that will WORK! Don't forget to take your measurements periodically. Even if the scale may show a slight gain, I'll bet if you were to compare measurements occasionally, you will SEE the weight is only shifting because your muscle mass is increasing. That should be reassuring as well.

    Hugs to you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what others have said...measurements, and maybe consider getting a bf scale (you can get one for about 50-70 dollars).

    So in answer to your question about gaining weight on P4...it wasn't because I was eating chicken and spinach!!! I got into the bad habit of eating based on hunger and allowed all foods back in, culprits were likely cereals at night, and just general over eating.
    There is NO way that eating the way you do will cause fat gain...muscle maybe, but not fat.

    PS I did actually laugh on the scale thing...hee hee

    As for my food log, my delay is only in being busy...I was trying to figure out a way to export it for you, but no go. You are just going to have to log on and go through it. Maybe you can email me at my gmail address? redflamedancer@gmail.com and we can organize a call??

    Oh PSS! I ate a ton of food at red lobster last night and still got back in to 2 lbs, so it was more like an intermittent fast day. Gonna do another one tomorrow. Fuel my workout and then fast till Monday morning. AND in my food log I noticed that I am a little out of control with the sodium so until my race I am cutting out the sodium, and in particular the deli meats.

    ReplyDelete