Thursday, March 25, 2010

R3 P4 D1....

Today is the beginning of P4. I think I will have some ezekiel bread this morning :) I am up +0.4 this morning which does not surprise me in the least. I did an intense weight workout, and played volleyball for 2.5 hours until midnight last night! So fun, but so sore today :( One thing about when I gave blood was they took my blood pressure. I have always been borderline or high. Have even had times I have been on meds for it. Well, it was a perfect 120/80! Even when I was extremely nervous. I do not like needles. Now thats progress!

Here is what I ate today:

tea
ezekiel english muffin, 1 egg + 1 white, 1oz turkey bacon, 1/2 oz cheddar, 1 tbsp mayo

1/4 apple, 1/2 carrot cake muffin, 1 tbsp cc

1/2 stick jerky
113g cottage cheese, 150g strawberries
3oz broccoli, 1.5oz zucchini, 1tbsp ranch
almond flour cookie

string cheese, freeze dried pear crisps, 1 square dk choc

1 egg + 4 whites, 14g bacon, 1/2oz cheddar, spinach
150g strawberries
1/2 carrot cake muffin w 1tbsp cc

string cheese, 1/4 apple, 2 sf candies

Went to hip hop class and wow that was hard when I was already sore to begin with!! I was hungry today. I felt a little emotional, wanted sweets, tender in the chest region. Can you say PMS! I wish my body would just start already so I can get back to feeling like myself:)

6 comments:

  1. Jen that is awesome, congrats!!! I know exactly how you feel, I have been taking medication for my high blood pressure for the past year! I knew this was crazy and that I was too young to be taking high bp medication, which is the reason I began hcg!!! :) At my annual doctor's appointment a few weeks ago my bp was 120/70!! Never, ever has it been that good (since I've been checking it over the last 5 years anyway lol) and especially at the doctor's office, I like to call it "White coat syndrome". lol But again, congrats to you, that is such an amazing feeling, isn't it!!! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you mention "white coat syndrome", because that is what my doctors have told me I have my whole life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen-Did you cardio throughout? When did you start bringing in weights? Do you think cardio helped with your weight loss? I know muscle weighs more than fat so I don't want to lift weights right now but when did you start incorporating them?

    Also, do you think if it hurts you when you don't get all the food in? Sometimes I'm just not in the mood...although I always eat all of my protein. Just curious...

    Thanks-can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to confuse you Jen. cole is my son. He switched to his acct without me knowing.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then I read my comment of "can't wait to meet you!" probably REALLY freaked you out!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly-
    I worked out in my first round, but pretty much stopped everything after that. I did not want the scale to move, so I just did not do anything. That is sooo not me. I love dance, volleyball, etc. Since it was only in my first round I could not say if it helped with my losses. I did lose more that round, but most people do. After my second round I waited p3, p4 and 60 days of maintenance before starting my 3rd round. I was not doing anything, and the weight was sitting still. BUT- I felt like crap! I was getting softer and softer. The weight did not change but the body comp did. I could feel my cardio endurance was nothing. I was eating tons of fat not really balancing my nutrients with very little veggies. So I realized that after this last round I needed to make some big changes. It was not worth stopping my life and the things I loved to make the scale not move. And in fact, I was looking worse not better. "Skinny/fat". I started my normal exercise and weight lifting routine right from the gate in p3 this time. I knew my weight might go up, but it was better than feeling the way I had been. I tightened up my eating and made it much more balanced. I can't tell you how much better I feel and look. I wish I had continued my workouts all thru out. I feel healthier than I ever have in my whole life right now. My weight seems to have settled about 3lbs above my LIW. I am fine with that seeing as I know muscle is part of that, and the fact that measurements are the same or better, and clothes fit same or better.
    Regarding not eating all of your food, the manual says you do not HAVE to eat any of your food, but you just can't eat more than the 500 cals. So anything up to the 500 is fine :)

    Can't wait to meet you too!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete